Thursday, January 24, 2008

So Many Cards

I've made so many cards since I finished my stamping room last week, I just don't know what to show you first! Plus I have some that I didn't want to post until now because I sent them to my secret sister and I didn't want her to discover me in case she was to happen upon my blog. Let's see..... These two have a similar color scheme. Let's start here.

This card is for the DKOS swap I am in. We had to use the So Much stamp set. I liked this set when it first came out in the Fall/Winter catalog, but then I looked at the price and said - I can't believe it costs SO MUCH. So that is my guess how it got its name. Hee Hee. Anyway, I got it free when I went to regionals this fall so the price was right then. The colors are Soft Sky, More Mustard and Chocolate Chip. I really like this color combo. I wanted to do something different than my standard main image, mat it and stick another piece of card stock on there somewhere. I had already cut my pieces to have a main image and mat it twice, but I decided to use those pieces and mix it up a bit. The Chocolate Chip panel has the circle image stamped with white StazOn and then edges DTP'd with the white StazOn. The Mustard panel is next with the dotted circle image stamped multiple times in Chocolate Chip. I DTP'd the edges of that piece with Chocolate Chip. The white panel is on dimensionals. I stamped the flower image in Soft Sky a few times and once in More Mustard. I also DTP'd the edges of that piece with Chocolate Chip. I stuck in a jumbo eyelet, and voila! I really like how it turned out.

Next up is my card front for Crystal's new catty swap. The colors on this are Blue Bayou, So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip. I wanted to use something other than the pinks and browns you usually see with these sets. I had a lot of Blue Bayou so I chose that for the base. I stamped the flower images from the Boho Backgrounds set all over in Blue Bayou ink. Then I took some of the 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain and tied a knot in it. I attached it to the back of the So Saffron strip and then stuck that on the card base. The main image is stamped in Chocolate Chip on Very Vanilla card stock. I colored in my flower with the So Saffron marker. I then stamped the flower trio in Chocolate Chip on So Saffron and punched them out with the coordinating punch. The main image and two of the flowers are up on dimensionals.

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

Great cards, Lorien! I especially love that first color combo.