Saturday, January 26, 2008

Baroque Motifs in Red and Green

Baroque Motifs. I just like saying that. You have to say it with a French accent you know? Another DKOS card. For this one we had to use reds and greens with Baroque Motifs and add some background paper and some ribbon. I'm guessing background paper means printed paper. So that is what I went with. I found this in the pack of Rubber Soul paper that I bought when I had to buy the Snowman From Above stamp that I haven't used yet. I found that the leaves were similar to the leaves in the Baroque Motif stamp. See that. Pretty clever huh? The paper pack had brown with the reds and greens so that is why I matted my pieces with Chocolate Chip. I used Old Olive for my green and Real Red. I sponged the edges. I took forever to tie the knots in the ribbon. I don't know what my problem was that day. I just couldn't tie a good looking knot for nothing. I tried several ways and made note of which side crossed over which etc. I couldn't get the same thing to work twice. I finally got all 6 cards done that I was making. Phew!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to purchse a baroque motif stamp to use for my wedding invitations. Im having chocolate brown invitations and I would like to stamp using gold shiny ink. Im new to this and have no idea how to get started or what to buy and where? Can you help me?
Thanks.
Veronica

Lorien Clark said...

Hi Veronica,

I would love to help you, but don't know how to contact you. You can email me at stampsnmore@hotmail.com and I will help you get started.

Lorien