Sunday, June 24, 2007

All is well

The catalog did start arriving in California on Friday. I got the scoop on what I wanted to know and now I just can't wait to see it!!!


I got a chance to make cards for my friend Crystal's non-convention goers swap. I only signed up for one spot and I took the time to make a fantabulous card, if I do say so myself. I don't know if I have ever made such a complicated card before in my life. No one thing about it was particularily difficult, it just has a lot of steps.



I used the Double Line Doodles set we got at regionals and it will be in the new catalog. I also used the Doodle This set which our friends in CA were able to confirm is in the new catalog. Now the little companion set Doodle That and the alphabet did not make it, I believe so if you want those you can still get them from the spring mini through the end of this month and if you are at all on the fence about Doodle This you may also want to get that now because come July 1st the price on it goes up.


The card base is Summer Sun and the next layer is Rose Red. On the Rose Red I stamped the doodle from Doodle This in Rose Red and in White Craft ink. Then there is a little strip of Old Olive that I did some DTP on the edges with my Black Craft ink. On that is tied the Black Gingham and the Turquoise Grosgrain. Not too bad so far, right? Now the main image is on Whisper White ultrasmooth and layerd on black. Both of those are Ticket Corner punched on all four corners. I stamped the flower from Double Line Doodle in Tempting Turquoise 3 times and the stems in Old Olive. I then went over the stems with my blender pen. Now the little flower centers were done by taking Rose Red and Summer Sun cardstock and pressing the versamark pad to them then using Irridescent Ice embossing powder and my heat tool. Once I did that I stamped the little flower doohickeys with black stazon over top of the embossed cardstock. Then I cut out all those doohickeys and attached them to the flowers with Earth Elements brads. Now the colors of Earth Element brads are Ruby Red, More Mustard, Old Olive and Not Quite Navy and even though they weren't the same colors I used on my card the Ruby Red brads were close enough to the Rose Red and the More Mustard brads to the Summer Sun that they worked in this case because I used them on the opposite paper. Now if I was trying to use the Ruby Red on the Rose Red and the Mustard on the Summer Sun it probably wouldn't have worked.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

This is incredible! I my mouth is hanging open because you are right - definately alot of steps for you! WOW...love the colors too. I love your simple cards, they are easy to copy and make great make and takes, but this is just amazing.

Paula said...

I love this card. The colors are so cheery, and the stamp/flower is so pretty.

Robin said...

This is a great card lorien!

Btw, I am tagging you on my blog:

http://www.robinlea.blogspot.com/

Robin