Tuesday, August 14, 2007

On second thought...

Friday wasn't as good of a day as I thought it was. It was a day of ups and downs. After I posted I ripped a whole in my jeans. That was bad. So at lunch I went out and got a new pair of jeans that fit really good and were on sale for $16. That was good. I also picked up quite a few clothes for Morgan who is growing like a weed and they were clearanced on top of the marked down. That was good. I picked the wrong line at the check out and that TOOK FOREVER. That was bad. Ok well enough about Friday.

Today I have a couple more cards from the DKOS swap to share.

The first is a Donut Card made famous by JanTink, well famous to me anyway. I got to use my scalloped circle on this one before it started acting up on me. The card base is Rose Red and I used the Spot On Jumbo wheel in white craft ink. I put a Certainly Celery scallop circle on the front and punched a 1 3/8" hole through it and the front of the card. Then on the inside I have layered circles and images from the Seeing Spots set in Cameo Coral and So Saffron.
This one is made with the Touch of Nature set. I also used my Weathered background on it. The base is Almost Artichoke and then I have Brocade Blue and Bravo Burgandy. The ribbon is the bluebird grosgrain SU retired. I watercolored the flower with Peerless Transparent watercolors from www.stampingfreak.com and I also used the oval scalloped frames and doodles from stampingfreak with my Giga Scalloped Oval. This one is kind of off center because I decided to add it after I punched and didn't get it lined up quite right, but the ones for the swap were all good. I'm not thrilled with this card. Not sure if it just isn't my style or I am missing something...

No comments: