Thursday, March 08, 2007

I am truly amazed...

at what a wonderful bunch of people stampers really are. Today when I got home from work I found a little package in my mailbox from Canada. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what it was. I haven't made any trades lately...what could it be? Well, it was a beautiful thank you card and some chocolates from Allison that was a runner up in a blog candy drawing I did awhile back. Unfortunately, the caramel kisses did not survive the trip from Canada but the others and the card were in wonderful condition. Thanks so much Allison. Your gift truly touched me.


Now I always get cards from my pal Crystal. She sends them for practically no reason at all and then there is me who can't remember the last time she sent out a card other than swaps. I missed Crystal's birthday and my upline Tracy's birthday. I am terrible! This is what I love to do for Pete's sake. Why can't I seem to stay on top of this? I am making an 8th of March resolution to stop signing up for swaps and start making and sending cards for the things that truly matter. I am so sorry Crystal, and Tracy, and Grandpa Bandy, etc...


The other thing that amazes me is how much talent is out there and how everyone supports each other. I haven't been able to keep up on all the blogs I used to visit when I was on maternity leave. Tonight I took some time to go through all the blogs in my favorites (and believe me this took some time because there are quite a few). In the last two months one gal is launching a digital scrapping site, another has a card in a box business going, others design banners and watermarks for fellow bloggers. I learned a lot about CASEing and copyrights and creative rights from Julie HRR. I never thought twice about taking a card I liked and modifying it a little and using it for a stamp camp project before. Now I will. I learned a lot about myself by reading JoanB's posts on Stamper's Neurosis. I now don't feel like I need to try and keep up with Jones' of the stamping world. I am now going to take a closer look at what I am doing and my reasons for doing it.

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

I am such a dummy...why didn't I think? That package sure took a long time to get there...dumb Canada Post. All us Canadian stampers agree it is the bane of our existence!

Crystal said...

Hey-things happen....I'm not offended. You are busy and I don't know how you do it all! I still love ya!

Anonymous said...

Lorien... glad to seee you back. I linked you to my blog. Hope that's ok :}
What's the news on casing.. do tell, I don't wanna be a deadbeat by accident.
Hope work is well & the kdis too. hugs Kimmiek