Saturday, January 06, 2007

I love my new camera!!!

I took it out the box earlier this week and took a couple of shots, but not until just now have I really gotten to use it. Now I haven't done anything fancy. I just took some pictures and popped the SD memory card into the pocket card reader I bought, put the card reader in my computer and Voila! You can also hook your camera up to the computer to downlaod the photos, but it takes a little longer and I haven't put the disc in my computer yet to install the software that came with my camera. From what I have read in the reviews the photo editing software that comes with it is pretty nifty, but I didn't feel like messing with that just yet. So it is a Canon PowerShot A540. I think I have mentioned that before. I purchased the camera, a 512 MB SD card (cause the one that comes with the camera is pretty small), a battery charger and extra rechargable batteries, and the pocket card reader at www.zipzoomfly.com. I paid about the same for all of it that I would've paid for just the camera at Best Buy or one of those places. I was extremely happy with www.zipzoomfly.com. They shipped very quick and everything was what I ordered. I read about some people having issues with them because you can pay them with your paypal account and if the address you enter at checkout does not EXACTLY match the one in your paypal account the may not ship until they can confirm it is really you. Now I think that is great that they go through the trouble to do that. I was missing the period after RD and it mentioned that my address wasn't matching so after I completed the transaction I went into the zipzoomfly site and made my address match the paypal one exactly and I had no delay in shipping.

Ok so here are couple of pictures I took with my new camera....

Now you are probably saying "Lorien, your pictures don't look any better than anyone else's" ...but you have to remember I am coming from a 1 megapixel camera. I took these in really low light so I was even more pleased how well they turned out. And click on them. They will get big and you can see every little detail clearly. ooooh, aaaaaah!


So this was an altered altoid tin and a little mini card and envelope that fits inside. I had bought a bunch of altoid tins at www.specialtybottle.com and we used some of them at a stamp camp where we made magnets with the glass marbles and then we decorated the tins and the magnets went inside...They make a cute little gift, but I don't have any pictures of those right now. I was trying to come up with other things to do with those altoid tins and this was one of them. I decoupaged the Spring Showers paper to the top of the tin and I also used it to make the mini envelope. The stamp set I used is Looks Like Spring. I also used the Spring Bouquet Punch to punch out the little flower in the middle of the big one (it is under a clear button). Colors used were Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.

No comments: