Friday, July 27, 2012

Pretty Little Bow


I came across these beautiful bows that Penney Smiley used in her tutorial found HERE. I had to figure out how to make a bow like that. Well, my bow isn't quite the same, but I like it. I'll have to get her tutorial on payday so I can see how she really does it.

I used the Extra-Large Oval Punch from SU! and here's how I made my bow.

 Take a piece of patterned paper that is twice as wide as your punch and fold it in half.

 Line up your punch so that you are on the fold,
but leave a little gap there so the ovals will be connected.

 See here we have two ovals connected on the fold.

 Take one side and glue it down in the middle.

Now glue the other side down in the middle.

 
I flipped it over and ta-da! Now just add a button or some
other embelishment in the middle and glue some tails on the back. 

4 comments:

Emma Fewkes said...

PERFECT ~ I say save your money and write your OWN tutorial, this is great :)

juniperbarn said...

Adorable! I love it!

Barbara Becker said...

Genius!!! Thank so much for sharing. This bow is adorable and would sure make cards easy to mail.

Debra said...

I say perfect and genius too!!!