Monday, September 15, 2008

Stamp Camp Cards Revisited

Last week was a good week stamping wise, not so much because of the time I got to stamp (I should say lack of time), but because of some other news I got. I got an email that I was accepted for a design team, but I don't know if I can share info on that yet or not so look for something posted on that soon. I also got an opportunity to represent SU! at a local stamping and scrapping event. I'm excited about both of these things. I would love to build my "creative resume" and build my SU! business. Stamping is what I love to do and it would be so nice if I could make something of it.

Friday night was the 1st session of our September stamp camp. I tweaked the cards I showed you a little while ago just a bit.

For the 1st one I added the designer button to the center of the flower, but when I did it didn't look like Baja Breeze. It looked more Bashful Blue so I switched up the colors on this card.


On this one, I added the polka dot background.

Everyone on Friday really enjoyed these cards, and the gift card holder and double pocket card that my upline Tracy provided as her projects. The emerging colors card was like magic to most of the campers. When they were stamping the smaller flowers on the white they couldn't figure out how it was all going to end up looking like the samples I had out. A few of them thought they were going to cut out each petal and paste them on Not Quite Navy cardstock. Hee hee! If you have never tried the emerging colors techinique check out the tutorial on SCS...HERE.

I did manage to get one card done for my pal Crystal's swap. And I started on the second last night, but I am not loving it. I'll have to play with that one a little more. So look for cards with some new SU! stamps coming this week!

1 comment:

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations on your wonderful news, Lorien!! Both of your cards are awesome!! Your first is so pretty, and the second is so cute!!