Tuesday, May 06, 2008

No Stampin'

So sad isn't it? I haven't stamped for a few days. But I I took Thursday and Friday off this week. On Thursday I am meeting up with some Michigan Minglers at the big Scrapbooking Mega Meet in Novi. I haven't been in a couple of years. The last time I went I bought stupid stuff that I never used... paper quilling stuff and fuzzy iron on things for your scrapbook pages. I don't know what I was thinking. Maybe I will dig those out and challenge myself to use them.

This year I am going to be extra careful what I buy because I don't want to make the same mistakes again and I don't have much dough to spend. Speaking of which, I got that stimulus rebate from the government last week. It all went to pay bills. Now if they would give me another I could possibly do my part in stimulating the economy. We've been wanting to get a swing set/slide/playscape thingy for the back yard for a couple of years and something always comes up and we aren't able to do it. At first we had our sites set on a Rainbow. Do you know what they are? They cost a few thousand. We gave up that dream and now we are trying for the $500 version at Walmart/Toys R Us/Home Depot but that is out of our reach at this time. Bummer. So for now the kids go to the park or ride their bikes or climb on the roof of the little tykes playhouse that they are too big for. Some day...

No comments: