Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Haven't posted in awhile...

Oops. I went to update this the other day and got side tracked. We did our 1st two tin camps and they went wonderfully! All the tins came out really nice. I got new stamps and was able to mount them, but have yet to play with any of them... soon. I've got swaps to do so I need to get on those.

This Saturday is our mini convention in Flint. Our up, up, up....line from Florida is coming to visit and helping us put on a mini convention here for our customers. I can't wait. I know Linda will have some really cool projects for us to do. I am demoing the pearlex floored technique and our new cutter kit, and our punches. I have found some cool samples I have gotten in swaps with our punches that I will bring to show. I need to play with our cutter kit. I just read on SCS how you can put the perforating tool in white craft ink and then run it on your paper to get a faux stitched look. That is way cool. I have to go home and try it. If it looks good that will be the method I use. I'm too lazy to punch all those holes (sorry Julie HRR, wasn't that your technique you shared with us a few months ago?).

Sunday I'm working the Buick Open. I hope the weather cools down. I'm not into golf much. I just volunteer so that my husband can come and "help". He really ends up running around like a kid in a candy store and getting autographs from golfers, but that is fine. We weren't really busy when he was gone last year so I don't think anyone minded. This year we are working the afternoon of the last day. The "Will Call" booth can't be that busy then. Everyone who is coming will already be there and they won't be leaving their passes for people to pick up the next day.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I have been waiting for your next post. Took you long enough! :)

Crystal said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE faux stitching! I hope the cutter kit works for you that way cause faux stitching looks great!

I can't wait to see what you can show us!