Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm a dork! & Here is a card

Jana gave me an Excellent Blogger Award back on 2/14 and I totally spaced it. Thanks Jana! But obviously I haven't been too excellent lately. I will work on that though. I'll start out by showing you a card I made this weekend.


This is a baby card for our next stamp camp. I bought a bunch of the sticky cuts and chipboard pieces that SU! offered to demos in bulk in anticipation of using them for our next camp projects. Here I have used the sticky cut heart with beads and microbeads. I was planning to use it with glitter, but I didn't have a color that would look good for the heart. My plan for the camp is to use the pink bead duo that SU! offers, but I didn't have that on hand this weekend so I had to improvise. I used some pink beads and microbeads that I had to attempt to get a similar effect. I also had to improvise the background. I want to use the polka dot background at the camp, but I don't have that so I used a pencil eraser here. The colors are Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, and Groovy Guava. I stamped the giraffe from Wild About You in Apricot Appeal.

BTW - You can click on the picture to make it bigger if you want to see the beads closer. For some reason my blogger stopped making the pictures clickable and bigger automatically, but I was able to find one that worked before and modified the html code from that to make it work on this one the the last card I posted.

1 comment:

Jana O'Brien said...

Love those beads, Lorien! Great idea with the pencil eraser too.