Monday, December 18, 2006

Blog Candy!!!

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday and then it hit me that our Christmas Eve dinner is only a week away and I don't have the menu planned or half of my gifts made! We are having a Honeybaked Ham and Corey requested new potatoes, but I don't know what else to make. He doesn't want the greenbean casserole...This is where you come in. Post a comment to this thread with a link to a good recipe, or the recipe itself and you will be entered in a drawing for some goodies. I'm thinking one of my 2007-2008 purse calendars with matching pen and maybe some stamps from Michael's $1 bin. I need a salad, some veggies and a dessert. I think we're having 11-12 adults and a few kids. Contest ends Wednesday, December 20th at 3:00PM EST.

4 comments:

Debi Calandrelle said...

Hi Lorien,

I've peeked in on your blog a few times, having run across it through another stampers blog... not sure which, cause I view ALOT of 'em!

Anyway - here's a family favorite that we look forward to:

Corn Pudding

* Preheat oven to 350
* Butter the bottom and sides of a
baking dish

1 pkg frozen corn - thawed
3 eggs - beaten
2 tsp sugar
dash of salt
2 tsp butter/margarine
1/4 cup milk
ground nutmeg

Combine corn, beaten eggs, sugar, butter, and milk in bowl and stir together. Pour into baking dish, sprinkle with ground nutmeg.

Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until set.

Happy Holidays and Happy Stampin!
Debi

Anonymous said...

The Better Homes and Gardens cookbook has a recipe for Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots. They are always one of our favorites

Anonymous said...

Escalloped Corn

1 can regular corn
1 can cream corn
1 cups sour cream
1 pacakage corn muffin mix
3/4 stick of butter cut in slices

Spray an 8x8 pan. Mix ingredients together and pour into pan. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees stirring once half way through!

That's it!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just made it! How about a nice tossed salad - Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes,crutons,cheese. and just offer a few different dressings for your salad?