Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I've been away

We were "up North" last week. That is what we say here in the lower part of Michigan. In the summer you go "up North" camping or to the cabin, or whatever.
We had to tent it this year. Our lease was up on the truck the week before our trip and we ended up turning it in and are borrowing my MILs car during the week until we can pick up a car for DH to drive that we can pay cash for. So no truck meant no borrowing my mom's pop up and it also meant a very packed Chevy Malibu. I should've gotten a picture of that. When we left we had 2 kids, 3 bikes, a huge duffle bag and a packed trunk. When we came home we had 3 kids, 4 bikes, a huge duffle bag and a packed trunk. Oh and a dog we pick up on the way home. Don't even ask!
Ok, I can't just say we picked up a dog and not explain. Her name is Daisy. She is an English Pointer. We have a male English Pointer named Ace. She Ace'e new girlfriend. My DH had been talking with her owner and was going to buy her and I told him we needed another dog like a hole in the head and so he came to his senses and told the guy we couldn't afford her. They guy wasn't able to find a suitable owner and kept contacting DH. Eventually they came to an agreement that he would give us the dog in exchange for one of their pups down the road. She is a really sweet dog. She has freckles on her butt. Hee hee. She slept on my lap for the last hour of our ride home after we picked her up. I'll have to get a picture of her and all the other dogs we have.
I was tagged while I was away by Jana. I have to list 7 random things about me.
1. I have a blue M&M guy tattoo.
2. I love M&Ms.
3. I am so mad those Wildly Cherry M&Ms and the Raspberry ones were limited editions and now I can't find them.
4. I picked up some designer M&Ms at the store the other day. Way too expensive! But they look cool and the triple chocolate are really good. I am trying to eat them slowly.
5. I am addicted to blurfing.
6. I also got peanut butter ice cream sandwiches at the store the other day and they are really good too!
7. I just got this funny email from my aunt...

There is a factory in Northern Minnesota which makes the Tickle Me Elmo toys.
The toy laughs when you tickle it under the arms.Well, Lena is hired at The
Tickle Me Elmo factory and she reports for her first day promptly at 8:00
am.
The next day at 8:45 am there is a knock at the Personnel Manager's
door. The
Foreman throws open the door and begins to rant about the new
employee.He
complains that she is incredibly slow and the whole line is
backing up, putting
the entire production line behind schedule.The Personnel
Manager decides he
should see this for himself, so the 2 men march down to
the factory floor.
When they get there the line is so backed up that
there are Tickle Me
Elmo's all over the factory floor and they're really
beginning to pile up. At
the end of the line stands Lena surrounded by
mountains of Tickle Me Elmo's. She
has a roll of plush Red fabric and a huge
bag of small marbles. The 2 men watch
in amazement as she cuts a little
piece of fabric, wraps it around two marbles
and begins to carefully sew the
little package between Elmo's legs. The
Personnel Manager bursts into
laughter. After several minutes of hysterics
he pulls himself together
and approaches Lena .. 'I'm sorry,' he says to her,
barely able to keep a
straight face, 'but I think you misunderstood the
instructions I gave you
yesterday...''Your job is to give Elmo two test
tickles.

I am supposed to tag more people, but I am lazy so if you want to list 7 things about yourself, consider yourself tagged!


3 comments:

Jana O'Brien said...

Ha! I love that most of your facts relate to M&Ms, and I really love that Lena joke! Ole and Lena are popular here in Minnesota. :)

Crystal said...

You always make me laugh!!

Melisa said...

Great joke! Thanks for sharing!!